Sunday, November 30, 2008

True Friend

I've often wondered what is meant by the description "true friend."  I think each of us can probably think of someone in our lives who we've felt has been a true friend to us.  It's just tonight I am kind of in awe of our Heavenly Father's plan.  How He provides for us in such an ingenious way.  We don't have any way of knowing what lies ahead, but in His infinite wisdom He places people in our lives who will stabilize us and compliment us.  I am grateful for these people.  I am grateful that God has blessed me with good friends.
I have a friend who is vastly different from me.  We don't see eye to eye on many subjects.  It is the most fulfilling friendship I've ever had.  He is in every possible way a "true friend."  Despite our differences our friendship only grows stronger.  I think the fundamental issue is that neither of us ever really want to change the other.  We care about the others happiness and often our discussions are to help one another see things more clearly and from a different viewpoint.
Anyway, I guess the point of this musing post is just for you to think a little deeper about the friends you have.  Be grateful for them.  Do what you can to reciprocate the influence they have on your life.  And realize that just as they probably don't realize the full effects they have on you, so also you never know what your caring example means to them.

No comments: